Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Bringing Sexy Back

I went jean shopping today. A task I had been putting off for quite awhile. I was dreading having to buy new jeans, and I have to say...my fears were not so irrational! First it took me about 2 hours just to find a pair that fit; not too many stores cater to the "curvy woman," even those that claim they do. The jeans just never fit me right; they always leave a HUGE gap in between my back and the waistband, and I ALWAYS have to buy the waist too big or super stretch material in order to get the jeans to fit my thighs. I do have quite the rear, always have, and I've always embraced it. I love my rear, it's the big thighs and the wide hips, that come along with it, that I could live without.

I hadn't realized how much my lower half (rear, hips, and thighs) had grown until today-or I just didn't want to admit it, hence the procrastination. Needless to say, the revelation had me calling my husband from the dressing room, practically in tears. I was so upset with my post-pregnancy body.

My husband, of course, loves my curves, their one of things that initially attracted him to me. I wish I could find consolation in that fact. It's hard to feel sexy when you've gained weight, even when your significant other still thinks you are. So I caved and bought two pairs of "big" jeans, I had to. I spend my days in sweatpants, partially because I'm home all day and see no point in walking around in jeans my son is just going to throw up on and partially because my old jeans were just a little too tight when buttoned. However, I only allowed myself to buy two pairs because I am determined to fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans, therefore rendering my new jeans unnecessary sometime in the very near future. Hopefully, in 2011, it's out with the new and in with the old!

No comments:

Post a Comment