Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and, although I am always super excited for the holiday season, this year I am ecstatic. I have so much to be thankful for, and I cannot wait to celebrate my son's first Thanksgiving...EVER! I thought, in honor of this, I'd blog about all the things I am thankful for, in no particular order.
1. My husband, Cesar. For you I am eternally thankful for. You have showed me what love is and opened my heart up. You have made me happier than I ever dreamed I could be. You are my best friend, my soulmate, my ally, my rock, and confidant. I couldn't ask for anything more. I love you more today than yesterday.
2. My amazing son. I used to be the girl that said I didn't want any kids...and then I found out I was pregnant. My whole world changed the day I found out I was pregnant, the day I heard your heartbeat, and the day you were born. You have brought me more happiness than I could have imagined, and I am so excited to share the holidays with you! You make me smile everyday, no matter what kind of mood I am in. I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART!
3. My family. You have always supported me, and without you I don't think I would have survived these past few years. I am grateful that I have a supportive and loving family to turn to when needed, especially my mother. You have shaped me into the woman I am today, and without you I wouldn't be who I am today. I love and cherish you.
4. My extended family. Last year both myself and my mother married, extending my family enormously. My parents divorced when I was young, so I had never had the huge family that I always wanted, but that all changed with our unions. I am thankful for my wonderful in-laws, and my stepfather's family. Both families have welcomed me in, and made me feel like one of their own. You all are amazing, and I am so happy my son will have the large family that I always dreamed of.
5. My health. I went to the doctor recently and finally heard that I had a clean bill of health. I had been struggling for over 4 years, and am so happy and elated that I am celebrating my first Thanksgiving in 4 years with no medical worries hanging over my head!
6. My friends. Thank you for being there and celebrating the good times with me. It's nice to know that no matter how much things change, I will always have you to lean on.
There are so many more things that I am thankful for, but these are the most important. I hope everyone has a wonderful, happy, and healthy Thanksgiving!